Finish Line Grants
Finish Line Grants (FLG) are available to assist COA Students with
unforeseen financial emergencies that interfere with their ability to
complete an academic program. FLG’s are available for up to $1,000 per student to address the following types of situations: medical needs, course materials, transportation issues, auto repairs, child or dependent care, housing assistance, utility bills and others. For more information, click here: Finish Line Grant Information.
The NCWorks Career Center provides financial assistance to eligible (and suitable) individuals to cover the cost of a variety of classroom trainings as well as on-the-job training.
What are your Career Interests?
Begin exploring your career interests using the 2-minute questionnaire via Traitify
Also check out NC Careers which can help you find valuable resources to explore careers, including detailed information on occupational ratings, job duties, education/ training, wages, employment outlook, and more. Start exploring careers for you today.
Do more than get a job, get started on your Career Pathway TODAY:
- Certified Career Pathways – Training opportunities for present and future needs of businesses near you that’s more than just a job, but a career where you can grow and increase your income. Visit Northeast Career Pathways for more information.
Some of the Classroom Trainings* supported by the NCWorks Career Center include:
- Nursing (all levels)
- Surgical Technology
- Medical Lab Technology
- Computer Integrated Machining
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Early Childhood Education
- Electrical Systems Technology
*See the complete list of Approved Training
Community Colleges Near You
- The College of the Albemarle has a real passion to help transform each student and open a whole new world of possibilities.
- Beaufort County Community College wants to share the journey and dreams for each student seeking to build a solid foundation for life and career.
- Martin Community College seeks to build a better future for you by providing affordable and quality educational programs to achieve your personal and career goals.
- Pitt Community College promotes a culture of excellence and innovation to educate and empower you for success.
- Other NWDB Approved Training Providers
Every occupation requires a unique set of skills. However, those requirements do not always match up to the current skill set of job candidates that are interested in applying for open positions. On-the-job Training (OJT) is available to help both employers and potential employees by providing a wage reimbursement to the employers of up to 75% during an employee’s initial time on the job. OJT is an incentive available to employers as they search for their next employee and as an advantage to the job seeker that may need some employer-provided training in the area(s) where this skills’ mismatch exists. This could be you.
If you are a job-seeker looking for more information about on-the-job training, please contact:
Adult & Dislocated Worker Program Manager, NWDB
252-426-5753 x261 (O)